Collective Wheel - First solo álbum of Edu Verdú
When does individuality become a collective experience? Is it through the other’s gaze that we build our own personal identity? If so, are we not responsible for the way we look at each other?
Collective Wheel is a poetic manifesto inspired by the humanistic values of existentialism. A compendium of songs placing individuals at the centre of the social fabric, endowing them with a concept of freedom larger than the mere choice of their next purchase. A collection of poems that aim at reifying the binary power of reason and empathy, as the ones and zeros of a universal language.
About the rewards
These are the different rewards you’ll obtain by supporting the campaign:
- For music lovers, collectors, and nice people in general... 1/300 copies of the artist’s limited edition 33 rpm vinyl:
- Because the vinyl sounds great, but there is nothing like a live performance... Standard and VIP tickets to the showcase concert at the Luz de Gas in Barcelona (22/09/2022):
- To go to the beach or the market while doing proselytism... Collective Wheel’s official tote bag with the album’s motto:
- Because you ain’t gonna hang the vinyl on the wall, right?... Collective Wheel’s official poster (50cmx70cm)
- In case you don’t yet have a record player but always wished you did... 10% discount at the store Werner Música on all domestic series of Audio Technica and Music Hall products (non- accumulative with other promotions)
- For those of you who would like to lift the skirts of the album and discover what lies beneath them... Digital download of the Collective Wheel Demo Collection.
- Make a long-term investment by purchasing an original Chamo San... 1/15 prints, numbered and signed by the artist (frame not included)
For those of you who want me singing in your living-room... Home-delivered acoustic concert
About Edu Verdú
Edu Verdú (Barcelona, 1986) is a self-taught musician and composer. In his long career he has worked in projects such as the garage-rock band The Walkers, and the power-trio Sharman Den, with which he won the national band contest “Bala Perduda” in 2017. His choice to become a solo artist has culminated with the digital launch of his first album “Collective Wheel”, for which he has counted on prestigious musicians like Víctor Martínez (C-Tangana, El Niño de Elche), Arecio González (Fatoumata, Fundación Toni Manero) o Miquel Sospedra (Amaia, Mazoni), and which has been produced by the grammy-awarded producer Alberto Pérez from Sol de Sants Studios.
What your contributions are to be used for:
The targeted amount will be mainly destined to pay the fabrication and designing costs of the album in its vinyl format and the tote bags, as well as the costs of printing the posters and Chamo San’s prints.
Here’s the detail of the projected costs:
Estimated time of delivery:
All deliveries will be carried out during the month of September 2022.
If you’ve got this far, I can only thank you wholeheartedly for your interest, and maybe even for your support.
With our cultural industries being seized by large intermediaries, there is little room for artistic exploration, so thank you, really, for salvaging the labour of those who, like myself, keep stubbornly betting on genuineness without giving up to the demands of a pauperised present in which art is being more and more cornered by mere entertainment.
I would also like to thank all the people who have made the album and this campaign possible. I hope I can reward their efforts like they deserve!
Here are some links related to the project::