This spring we will release Keep the Lights Off, our first album with Bacon Radars. As you know, the current cultural situation due to COVID does not allow us to make gigs and show the new songs. Therefore, we have prepared this crowdfunding campaign to be able to edit the album in vinyl and allow you to be the first ones to have it.
Who we are
We are Bacon Radars, a band of 5 mates from Menorca and Barcelona that play Balearic Garage, a mix of garage and 00’s indie-rock.
We have been together for some years, publishing a couple of EPs and singles until now. We have also played in stages like La Nau, Sidecar and Almo2bar (all in Barcelona) as well as in Festival Cranc 2018 among others.
One year ago we thought it was time to come forward and make a more solid musical proposal so we decided to record our first LP in collaboration with producer Alberto Pérez.
What will we do with your contributions
Due to the current situation, it will be difficult to make gigs and play live to cover the expenses related with the release of the album.
With your help we will be able to publish Keep the Lights Off in vinyl. We still believe in experiencing the music in a turntable and also give importance to its artwork.
Once the goal is exceeded, your contributions will be used to cover the video clips production and the album recording itself.
First of all, the main goal of this Verkami:
- Vinyl of the album Keep the Lights Off with artwork by Tomeu Mulet and photography by Clàudia Grosche. The cover will be revealed soon.
Furthermore, we have prepared some special gifts to show you our gratitude:
- Photobook of the album's creative process including the songs lyrics. Designed and edited by Júlia Ribera, with photos by Clàudia Grosche and Lluís Gelabert. All units will include a personalized dedication.
- Art print in A3 with a limited edition illustration from Enrique Caballero (aka Henry Knight).
- Bacon Radars fanclub T-shirt (Model 1 in white, Model 2 in black or Model 3 with black trim).
- Bacon Radars hipster socks.
- Tattoo with exclusive design from Joan Taltavull. Design is subject to changes according to backer preferences. To be done in Barcelona.
Besides that, if you want to enjoy our company and listen to our live music:
- Bacon Experience: Experience personally being a member of a rock band spending one day along with the band with all the fun covered.
- Acoustic Paella: We will come to your home and will make you a paella (maximum 8 people) and a live gig with a reduced acoustic set. Season ingredients to be agreed. Travel expenses included within Catalunya.
- A complete one: Electric gig with full band (approximate duration of 1 hour). Travel expenses included within Catalunya. Includes ear protection.
All the rewards include the digital download of the album.
The campaign starts with the release of our first single, and after that we will keep you informed of more actions that will end with the album release during the spring.
The physical rewards will be delivered approximately in May/June 2021.
The rewards that imply our involvement will be carried out from June 2021 and as soon as the sanitary and mobility restrictions allow it.
You can follow us on our social media: