We have already achieved the main objective to publish the book, but there are still objectives to be met that would improve and expand it. In addition, we have given them a small discount to make them easier to reach.
What is Amstrad CPC Forever?
• This is a full color book about the history of the Amstrad CPC, its models, its best video games and the most important developers.
• The initial print run will be 500 hardcover copies with 250 full color pages, although if we achieve the following goals, 306 pages may be reached.
250 full color illustrated pages
A4 size (210x297mm)
Prologues: Roland Perry and José Luis Domínguez.
Who are we?
For some years now, Atila Merino and Ángel Luis Sánchez, both passionate about the Amstrad CPC and the retro world in general, have been working together on various projects.
• Founder of the blog A Better Past and president of Amstrad Eterno, as well as an editor in the magazines RetroGamer Spain and Yo Tenía un Juego, and author of the books Amstrad Eterno, A Better Past: The Golden Age of Spanish Software and A Better Past: Memoirs of the Spanish Videogame, and co-author of the three volumes of the Homebrew Encyclopedia and Super Nintendo Legends. Coordinator of the book A Tribute to Juan Giménez.
Angel Luis Sanchez
• Illustrator and graphic designer, known mainly for his video game covers in the Golden Age of Spanish Software for Zigurat, among which are El Poder Oscuro, Jungle Warrior, Senda Salvaje or Comando Quatro. In addition, he is the author of the illustrations for the posters of the Amstrad Eterno 2020, 2021 and 2022 fairs, and of the book covers A Better Past: The Golden Age of Spanish Software, A Better Past: Memoirs of the Spanish Video Game and Unlimited Colony. Designer and layout artist for the book A Tribute to Juan Giménez.
These are the goals and the extensions that will be made if they are achieved.
• In addition to the Amstrad CPC Forever book, other rewards can be obtained, such as the CPC Soft Pack, which contains 8 games (2 of them unpublished) for Amstrad CPC with a deluxe box and an 50-page manual. This pack emulates the style of the classic Amsoft label in which Amstrad published its first video games. You can also get 4 CNGSoft games released for the first time physically as stand-alone games.
What will we allocate your contributions to?
• The money raised will be used to print the work and produce 500 copies with the best possible quality.
• It will also be used to acquire the appropriate packaging and to make shipments, always by private transport or certified mail.
• In the case of reaching the last goal, the money will be used to pay a translator for the English version.
• If no unforeseen event arises and we achieve the goal, the books will be delivered approximately in June 2023.
You can follow us on these accounts to see news about the campaign: